The New Bristan Joy Electric Shower
The range boasts some very modern features, such as digital display with clear temperature indication, and phased shutdown which helps reduce limescale build up & prevents short, sharp blasts of hot water for the next user.
The Joy has a stylish modern appearance with a smooth surface that makes it a doddle to keep clean. The supplied chrome riser rail shower set incorporates a shelf with hooks and a rub-clean, multi-spray handset.
A Step by Step Guide for the Installation of a Bristan Joy Electric Shower:
1) An installation template is included in the Bristan Joy manual and user guide, which helps you to position the shower correctly
2) Firstly you mark the three ﬁxing points on to the wall, drill suitably sized holes and secure the shower unit on top of the tiled surface using the ﬁxings provided.
3) The Bristan Joy electric shower has ﬁve cold water inlets and ﬁve electrical cable entry points to choose from, so ﬁtting the shower is quick and easy. In this example we select the right back water inlet, remove the plastic cover and manoeuvre the pipe into position.
4) We feed the cable from behind the cover to the connection block inside the shower unit.
The power control knob and corresponding spindle notch is set at the 9 o’ clock position. The temperature control and control spindle is set fully clockwise
5) We connect the cable from the cover to the connection in the base unit. Next ﬁt the cover, ensuring no wiring is trapped, and secure it with the four retaining screws supplied.
6) The Bristan ]oys’ riser rail has an adjustable bottom bracket, so existing ﬁxing holes can be used or covered over. We choose the position for the top and bottom brackets and mark the tiles accordingly. With the help of a spirit level, we can check the riser rail will be straight
7) After the riser rail is in position, we pass the hose through the large hose-retaining hole in the handy storage shelf and add the nib-clean chrome handset
8) The shower is then commissioned and we carry out a ﬁnal system ﬂush to ensure any debris is removed. Many plumbers now are members of Bristan’s Prime installer club, and after installing a Bristan shower will complete a feedback form, which helps Bristan to continually develop and improve its products.