Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive product news and special offers!
Salamander HomeBoost Installation Guide
One of the most common questions asked when looking at boosting your water pressure is "Can i use a shower pump with a combi boiler". The answer to that question has been no for a long time....but now Salamander Pumps have found a solution to this problem with the Homeboost Mains Booster Pump. So to ensure you have the full package, here are 6 easy steps to Salamander HomeBoost installation
1. Locate where you need to install the pump – it can be positioned after & within 2m of the stop tap or on the cold mains into the combi boiler. The natural flow rate needs to be between 1.5l/min and 12l/min, the pump brings the flow up to 12l/min.
2. Put PTFE tape on the ¾” BSP connections and fit 2 female irons to the copper connectors on the HomeBoost.
3. Cut away a section of pipe to enable you to install the pump.
4. A full bore isolating valve will need to be fitted after the pump. (Sometimes one is needed before the pump). A non-return valve and drain off will be needed after the stop tap.
5. Install the pump in the space. Tighten the connections and commission – simply run the water through the outlets before switching the pump on.
6. Turn the pump on – a clockwise rotating light will confirm its functioning correctly.