Small ProductMore Information
Specially formulated for the plumbing professional, PLUMBERS GOLD is a new type of sealant and adhesive based on STPA* polymer technology that offers outstanding adhesion to all sanitary, bathroom, wetroom, kitchen and plumbing materials such as hard plastics, acrylics, fiberglass, ceramics, glass, marble, granite, aluminum, mirrors, metals etc.
PLUMBERS GOLD can be applied to wet surfaces, will even work underwater, and contains Streitouch,** preventing black mould , bacterial growth and discolorations for 10 years.
NO MOULD 10 YEAR GUARANTEE
If PLUMBERS GOLD discolors or stains due to mould growth within 10 years of application simply return pack or receipt of purchase to Everbuild and we will refund your purchase and postage costs.
٭CAUTION: This guarantee is only valid providing regular cleaning has been carried out, Steritouch helps prevent the growth of mould, mildew and bacteria that can stain and degrade silicone, however it is not a substitute for regular cleaning as excessive deposits of soap can cause secondary mould growth.
Nothing in this statement does or will affect your statutory rights.
Full independent test reports for 10 year anti fungal and anti- bacterial resistance are appended to this data
• Excellent primerless adhesion to most common bathroom substrates including metals, most plastics, glass, concrete, plaster, plasterboard, polyester, Perspex, glass, wood, enamel, painted surfaces etc etc
• High bonding strength, yet flexible enough to cope with common sealing applications
• Interior and Exterior Use
• Can be applied to Wet Surfaces and underwater!
• Totally Waterproof & Weatherproof
• Overpaintable if required
• Powerful anti fungal and antibacterial agents prevent mould and bacterial growth – guaranteed for 10 years!
• Solvent Free
• Resistant to temperature extremes -40°C to +150°C
• Non staining on sensitive materials, marble / granite
• Permanently Flexible - 20% movement accommodation.
• Resistant to Chemicals & Petrol (10% dilute acids/alkalis, most solvents)
• Excellent primer less adhesion to most surfaces,
Areas for Use
• Sealing and bonding in almost every plumbing application imaginable. The following are just some examples.
• Sealing soil and vent pipes.
• Sealing and bonding waste pipes.
• Sealing and bonding WC pans.
• Setting waste traps and grates into sinks, showers, baths etc.
• All conventional sealing around baths, showers, sinks, tiled areas etc.
• As an adhesive to bond shower frames, mirrors and ceramic ware to walls, including tiled surfaces.
• As a thread seal.
• Sealing and bedding extractor fans.
• Sealing and bonding in areas subject to continuous water immersion.
• Permanently fixing small leaks.
• Sealing and bonding around tap bases.
• Bonding shower trays to floors and walls.
• As a mirror adhesive
• Not suitable for use with drinking or potable water (product contains fungicide)
• Use on overhead applications – Always use in conjunction with mechanical fixings.
• Use in conjunction with mechanical fixings for glass block fitting or large mirrors (>0.5m2 total area)
• For heavy items, provide temporary support until adhesive has dried.
• Do not seal mirror edges/plastic sheeting until adhesive has cured.
• In areas of high UV; some darkening/discoloration may occur. This does not affect the performance of the sealant
• NOTE: clear product dries translucent due to presence of fungicide
• Adhesion to various plastics may vary – carry out adhesion tests prior to full scale application
• It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. Adhesion trials recommended before large scale
• Overpaintability: check compatibility with specific paint first before over painting large areas.
• Do not use on surfaces that bleed oils or plasticizers
• Not for use as part of a structural glazing system.
• Not for use in aquarium manufacture. Use AQUA MATE
• Not for use in conjunction with bitumen, or asphalt. Use WEATHER MATE
• As quality of natural stone does vary, preliminary adhesion/staining tests must be carried out prior to full scale application.
• Do not use in conjunction with undiluted bleach, this can cause can discoloration of product.
• Yellowing can occur in the dark
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Fix nozzle, cut aperture to required width and apply with a standard sealant gun.
As an adhesive.
• Surfaces must be sound, clean and free from dust, grease, loose material etc.
• Priming b not normally necessary, however, prime dusty surfaces with EVERBUILD PVA BOND diluted 1:4 with water and allow to dry.
• Apply using a standard sealant gun, cut tip of cartridge, apply nozzle and cut an opening to suite the required bead size.
• For bonding heavy items (Plasterboard/worktops/wall panels etc) apply adhesive all the way around the edge of the item (30-50mm from edge) and cover back with beads of adhesive at 300mm intervals. Alternatively, apply adhesive direct to battens and press into place. NOTE.
• With heavy items, always provide temporary support until the adhesive dries.
• For bonding lightweight items apply adhesive to back of item in one or two continuous beads and press immediately into place.
• Where gap filling is required, mark the areas where there is a large gap and apply a thicker bead to these areas.
• In all cases, clean up excess adhesive immediately with a cloth/white spirits
As a sealant
Reference should be made to the recommended joint ratios. If necessary reduce joint depth using Everflex Expanding Foam, or Joint backer rod. Furthermore, ensure that the joint design only permits adhesion to two surfaces, as three sided adhesion will impair flexibility.
Where the sealant is used in a joint configuration, masking tape should be used to prevent contamination of adjacent substrates, and ensure a neat sealing line. Masking tape should be removed immediately after tooling. The joint should be tooled within 5 minutes of application to ensure good contact between the sealant and the substrate. Tooling of the sealant also gives a smooth, professional finish.
Apply 6mm diameter beads of sealant direct to back of mirror in vertical strips, spaced at 30-40mm centers. Immediately place mirror in position and secure with good, even pressure with a slight twist action. Provide temporary support (tape) until adhesive has dried (24-48 hours). If required, Plumbers gold may also be used to seal around mirror 24 hours after fixing (to allow for cure)
Uncured material can be removed by wiping with a dampened cloth with white spirit. Cured material can be carefully removed by mechanical means.
Colour - White
Consistency Pasty, unfilled, solvent free sealant
Colours Available in white and translucent
Density 1.05 ± 0.05
Application temperature 5 to 35 °C
Skin formation at 23 °C and 50 % RH 30 ± 10 min
Tack free 24 hrs
Sagging (ISO 7390) Nil
Curing at 23 °C and 50 % RH 2 mm/24 h
Shore A hardness (ISO 868 – 3 seconds) 35-45
Modulus at 100 % elongation (ISO 8339) 0.7 MPa
Elongation at break (ISO 8339) > 200 %
Tensile strength (ISO 8339) > 1.5 MPa
Shrinkage (ISO 10563) < 2 %
Resistance to UV radiation Excellent
Compatibility with paints Water based: yes (test compatibility)
Solvent based : no (with alkyd paints)
Temperature resistance -40 to + 150 °C
Movement accommodation ± 20%
Coverage Approximately 11 linear meters per cartridge
World Class Assurance
In an ever more complex world we understand that product accreditations, certification and test are increasingly important, particularly in the construction sector.
From an ISO 9001 quality system accredited by the British Standards Institute to CE approved products, comprehensive fire, acoustic and thermal tests through to the environmental standard ISO 14001, you have the assurance of dealing with a company that is setting industry leading standards in product testing and compliances.
Buyaparcel offer delivery throughout the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and other Islands of the UK. In addition we can now also deliver through Europe.
UK Delivery Prices
£2.95 - Royal Mail Second Class (2-5 Days Approx - selected products only)
£3.95 - Standard UK Delivery (2-3 Days Approx)
£5.95 - Next Day UK Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Monday - Friday)
£12.00 - Saturday Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Friday)
£36.00 - Pallet Delivery (2-3 Days Approx - selected products only)
International Delivery Prices
In addition we now deliver through Europe on a 48 Hour Delivery Service as Standard
Zone 1 – £9.99
Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, France, Netherlands, Rep Ireland.
Zone 2- £14.99
Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic, Poland, Lithuania, Hungary.
Zone 3 – £19.99
Estonia, Spain, Sweden, Italy, Portugal, Latvia.
Zone 4 – £29.99
Bulgaria, Finland, Romania.
Zone 5 – £49.99
Bosnia, Croatia, Switzerland.
Zone 6 – £59.99
Norway, Serbia, Iceland.
Choose a Delivery Date to Suit You
You also now have the facility to choose a day you wish to have your order delivered on if your order is being delivered via courier or pallet. This can be done at the checkout stage where you will be shown a calendar if you select the book in option. You will have the option of booking in your delivery for a day that is convenient for you. Should you require the order the following day please select the next day option.
Is My Item Available for Next Day Delivery?
If your item is stocked in our immediate picking location it will available for you to choose a next day delivery. This will be highlighted by a green tick and a 1 day dispatch time on the item information.
You will have the option to choose this service if you are purchasing your item for delivery to mainland UK.
What courier will my item be delivered with?
If your item is being delivered in the UK or Ireland, it will be delivered by UK Mail or Royal Mail, with the exception of pallet items. The courier type is displayed on each item but will be confirmed at the checkout stage when you have completed your shopping.
If you are an international customer, your goods will initially be sent via UK Mail, and then exported to either Eurodis or DHL. The appropriate tracking can be provided when necessary.
Details of each courier service we offer are detailed in our Delivery Guide.
How do I track my delivery?
To track your order online, go to 'Your Account' and click on 'Purchase History' for an update on your order.
Our team work extremely hard to get your parcels to your door in the shortest possible time but please note that we recommend you do not book a plumber etc until you have received and checked your goods.
- Delivery addresses cannot be changed once the order is placed except in the case of an error, which we will do our best to change, but orders are often shipped quickly after being processed.
- The couriers we use do not deliver to PO boxes or building sites.
Returns at Buyaparcel
We've simplified our returns process! We now offer a no-questions-asked, free returns service within the first 30 days (subject to T&Cs).
You can find our returns information in our Terms and Help page.