Small ProductMore Information
KOS FLUE CEMENT is a high temperature (1250oC) ready mixed fireproof mortar paste, designed for the safe installation /jointing of type A1 (BSN1857) concrete flue liners (previously known as class 1) for use with domestic fires and stoves, e.g. coal, wood burning or gas) including flame effect). Flue block cement may also be used as a general-purpose fire cement where direct flame contact occurs.
• Fully rated (and independently tested by BSRIA) to BSEN1857 “chimneys-components-concrete flue liners” for class A1 liners.
• High temperature resistance (including direct flame) to +1250oC.
Areas For Use
• Jointing and assembling of domestic concrete flue liners of following specification or direct equivalent.
Standard Temperature Class /`C Pressure class Resistance to condensate class Corrosion resistance class Sootfire fesistance class
BSEN 1857 T600 N1 D 3 yes, G
• I.e. suitable for use with liner types (BSEN1857) A1, B1, C1 or direct equivalent or lower specification for chimneys conveying combustion products to corrosion class 3.
• Copies of independent BSRIA test report are available on request.
• As liner/block type can vary, always follow liner manufacturers instructions regarding installation and check this product is compatible with their systems.
• Protect joints from rain until construction is finished.
• In line with current standards and regulations all flues must be fully smoke tested after insulation to ensure correct function. Similarly when the appliance is fitted the complete system must be smoke tested in line with BS5440 part 1 or direct equivalent by an approved installer, prior to being put into service.
• It is the users responsibility to determine suitability for use which must be checked with the flue liner manufacturer prior to installation.
All surfaces must be clean, sound and dry. Dusty surfaces may be primed using a dilution of 4 parts water to 1 part PVA Bond and allowed to dry.
Apply with a cartridge gun as required. Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Fix the nozzle and cut to correct aperture. Apply according to the liner manufacturers instructions.
Quantity - 6
Appearance Thick grey paste
Application Temp. 5oC – 60oC
Service Temp. -10oC – 1250oC
World Class Assurance
In an ever more complex world we understand that product accreditations, certification and test are increasingly important, particularly in the construction sector.
From an ISO 9001 quality system accredited by the British Standards Institute to CE approved products, comprehensive fire, acoustic and thermal tests through to the environmental standard ISO 14001, you have the assurance of dealing with a company that is setting industry leading standards in product testing and compliances.
Buyaparcel offer delivery throughout the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and other Islands of the UK. In addition we can now also deliver through Europe.
UK Delivery Prices
£2.95 - Royal Mail Second Class (2-5 Days Approx - selected products only)
£3.95 - Standard UK Delivery (2-3 Days Approx)
£5.95 - Next Day UK Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Monday - Friday)
£12.00 - Saturday Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Friday)
£36.00 - Pallet Delivery (2-3 Days Approx - selected products only)
International Delivery Prices
In addition we now deliver through Europe on a 48 Hour Delivery Service as Standard
Zone 1 – £9.99
Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, France, Netherlands, Rep Ireland.
Zone 2- £14.99
Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic, Poland, Lithuania, Hungary.
Zone 3 – £19.99
Estonia, Spain, Sweden, Italy, Portugal, Latvia.
Zone 4 – £29.99
Bulgaria, Finland, Romania.
Zone 5 – £49.99
Bosnia, Croatia, Switzerland.
Zone 6 – £59.99
Norway, Serbia, Iceland.
Choose a Delivery Date to Suit You
You also now have the facility to choose a day you wish to have your order delivered on if your order is being delivered via courier or pallet. This can be done at the checkout stage where you will be shown a calendar if you select the book in option. You will have the option of booking in your delivery for a day that is convenient for you. Should you require the order the following day please select the next day option.
Is My Item Available for Next Day Delivery?
If your item is stocked in our immediate picking location it will available for you to choose a next day delivery. This will be highlighted by a green tick and a 1 day dispatch time on the item information.
You will have the option to choose this service if you are purchasing your item for delivery to mainland UK.
What courier will my item be delivered with?
If your item is being delivered in the UK or Ireland, it will be delivered by UK Mail or Royal Mail, with the exception of pallet items. The courier type is displayed on each item but will be confirmed at the checkout stage when you have completed your shopping.
If you are an international customer, your goods will initially be sent via UK Mail, and then exported to either Eurodis or DHL. The appropriate tracking can be provided when necessary.
Details of each courier service we offer are detailed in our Delivery Guide.
How do I track my delivery?
To track your order online, go to 'Your Account' and click on 'Purchase History' for an update on your order.
Our team work extremely hard to get your parcels to your door in the shortest possible time but please note that we recommend you do not book a plumber etc until you have received and checked your goods.
- Delivery addresses cannot be changed once the order is placed except in the case of an error, which we will do our best to change, but orders are often shipped quickly after being processed.
- The couriers we use do not deliver to PO boxes or building sites.
Returns at Buyaparcel
We've simplified our returns process! We now offer a no-questions-asked, free returns service within the first 30 days (subject to T&Cs).
You can find our returns information in our Terms and Help page.