Medium ProductMore Information
EVERFLEX SILICONE 450 PREMIUM BUILDERS SILICONE IS a low modulus, neutral cure RTV silicone sealant that adheres to a wide range of both porous and non porous surfaces without the need for priming. Conforms to ISO11600 F and G 25 LM and SNJF 25E.
• Excellent adhesion - adheres to most common surfaces including glass, metals, plastics and wood
• Low dirt pick up - important in PVCu work
• Excellent flexibility - +/- 25%.
• High resistance to plasticiser migration - may be used over water based and solvent based paints.
• Excellent external weathering properties.
• Suitable for use on polycarbonate
• Certified under the harmonized European standard EN15651 for façade, glazing, cold climate and sanitary applications in compliance with the Construction Product Regulation
• FDA approved under code CFR 21. 177.2600(e)
Areas For Use
• Perimeter pointing internally and externally around PVCu /wood and all other window frames.
• Sealing and as an adhesive onto PVCu, plastic trims and components.
• Bedding insulated glass units in accordance with relevant clauses of BS8000 Part 7.
• Suitable as an expansion joint sealant.
• Weather sealing and joint sealing to pre-formed panels.
• Sealing soft metals such as lead, copper and zinc.
• General glazing sealing and draughtproofing, including repair work over existing sealant.
• Glass to glass and glass to aluminium sealing.
• Parapet and roof weather sealing applications.
• Do not use in conjunction with bitumen asphalt, neoprene and certain organic elastomers.
• Do not use in the manufacture of Aquariums. Use AQUA MATE
• Do not use on substrates that bleed oil, solvents or plasticisers.
• Non overpaintable. Use WEATHER MATE.
• Use as a mirror adhesive; Not recommended- Use MIRROR MATE.
The surfaces to be must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. Improve adhesion by wiping surface with EVERFLEX PVC SOLVENT CLEANER (pvc) EVERFLEX GLASS CLEANER (glass) or white spirits (painted surfaces). Priming is generally not required, although we always advise testing small areas prior to use. If use of primer is desired for non-porous surface use Silicone Primer NP2 or for porous Silicone Primer P1.
Joint design should be as follows:
Minimum width: 6mm. Movement capacity will be impaired if the depth of the joint is greater than the width. For maximum movement accommodation, it is recommended that:
1. The joint depth should be no less than 5mm
2. Joint depth should be 5mm for joints up to 10mm wide
3. Joints above 10mm in width should be half the width in depth up to 20mm and minimum 10mm for wider joints
For deep joints, reduce depth by using EVERFLEX FIX AND FILL FOAM or a suitable joint backer rod. All joints should be designed so that the seal is placed in a position which does not retain water or form a water trap. Triangular fillets should be no less than 12mm across the face and should be finished with a flat or convex face.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut at an angle of 45o with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down with a spatula or piece of wood. An improved joint appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint, removing within 5 minutes of application.
Colour - Clear
Quantity - 25
Movement accommodation + or -25% ISO11600 / SNJF
Skinning time: 5 - 25 mins
Cure time 1-2mm per 24 hours
Hardness Shore A 20
Shrinkage <5% ISO10563
Service temperature resistance -50°C to + 150°C
Application temperature resistance +5°C to + 60°C
Specific gravity 1.02 g/cm3
Cleaning Uncured sealant white spirit, cured sealant EVERFLEX SILICONE EATER.
Minimum joint width 5mm
Maximum joint width 50mm
Joint ratio Maximum depth, 50% of joint width
Coverage 10.5 linear meters as a 6mm diameter bead
Elongation at break >300%
Tensile Modulus at 100% Elongation 0.31Mpa DIN53504
Tensile Adhesion Modulus @ 100% Elongation 0.3Mpa (ISO 8339 (glass substrate))
Elastic Recovery >90%
World Class Assurance
In an ever more complex world we understand that product accreditations, certification and test are increasingly important, particularly in the construction sector.
From an ISO 9001 quality system accredited by the British Standards Institute to CE approved products, comprehensive fire, acoustic and thermal tests through to the environmental standard ISO 14001, you have the assurance of dealing with a company that is setting industry leading standards in product testing and compliances.
Buyaparcel offer delivery throughout the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and other Islands of the UK. In addition we can now also deliver through Europe.
UK Delivery Prices
£2.95 - Royal Mail Second Class (2-5 Days Approx - selected products only)
£3.95 - Standard UK Delivery (2-3 Days Approx)
£5.95 - Next Day UK Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Monday - Friday)
£12.00 - Saturday Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Friday)
£36.00 - Pallet Delivery (2-3 Days Approx - selected products only)
International Delivery Prices
In addition we now deliver through Europe on a 48 Hour Delivery Service as Standard
Zone 1 – £9.99
Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, France, Netherlands, Rep Ireland.
Zone 2- £14.99
Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic, Poland, Lithuania, Hungary.
Zone 3 – £19.99
Estonia, Spain, Sweden, Italy, Portugal, Latvia.
Zone 4 – £29.99
Bulgaria, Finland, Romania.
Zone 5 – £49.99
Bosnia, Croatia, Switzerland.
Zone 6 – £59.99
Norway, Serbia, Iceland.
Choose a Delivery Date to Suit You
You also now have the facility to choose a day you wish to have your order delivered on if your order is being delivered via courier or pallet. This can be done at the checkout stage where you will be shown a calendar if you select the book in option. You will have the option of booking in your delivery for a day that is convenient for you. Should you require the order the following day please select the next day option.
Is My Item Available for Next Day Delivery?
If your item is stocked in our immediate picking location it will available for you to choose a next day delivery. This will be highlighted by a green tick and a 1 day dispatch time on the item information.
You will have the option to choose this service if you are purchasing your item for delivery to mainland UK.
What courier will my item be delivered with?
If your item is being delivered in the UK or Ireland, it will be delivered by UK Mail or Royal Mail, with the exception of pallet items. The courier type is displayed on each item but will be confirmed at the checkout stage when you have completed your shopping.
If you are an international customer, your goods will initially be sent via UK Mail, and then exported to either Eurodis or DHL. The appropriate tracking can be provided when necessary.
Details of each courier service we offer are detailed in our Delivery Guide.
How do I track my delivery?
To track your order online, go to 'Your Account' and click on 'Purchase History' for an update on your order.
Our team work extremely hard to get your parcels to your door in the shortest possible time but please note that we recommend you do not book a plumber etc until you have received and checked your goods.
- Delivery addresses cannot be changed once the order is placed except in the case of an error, which we will do our best to change, but orders are often shipped quickly after being processed.
- The couriers we use do not deliver to PO boxes or building sites.
Returns at Buyaparcel
We've simplified our returns process! We now offer a no-questions-asked, free returns service within the first 30 days (subject to T&Cs).
You can find our returns information in our Terms and Help page.