Medium ProductMore Information
CLEAR FIX is a one part, chemically curing solvent free adhesive combining the best qualities of silicone and polyurethane technologies. It is specifically designed for adhering most common building surfaces to each other and themselves.
• Incredible initial grab, no slip and gap filling properties.
• High bonding strength
• Interior and Exterior Use
• Can be applied to Wet Surfaces
• Totally Waterproof & Weatherproof
• Quick Curing.
• Overpaintable if required
• Solvent Free
• Resistant to temperature extremes -40°C to +150°C
• Resistant to Chemicals & Petrol (10% dilute acids/alkalis, most solvents)
• Excellent primer less adhesion to most surfaces, including metals, most plastics, glass, concrete, plaster, plasterboard, polyester, Perspex, glass, wood, enamel, painted surfaces etc etc.
Areas For Use
• Bonding in almost every application imaginable. The following are just some examples.
• As a high quality nail replacement adhesive, even to damp surfaces.
• External and internal perimeter pointing around doors and windows, especially in mobile structures such as caravans and boats.
• Bonding mirrors to most common substrates.
• Automotive gap filling and sealing.
• Jointing cladding panels.
• Bonding difficult materials such as specialised polymer systems, metals and fibreglass
• Any application requiring high performance, durable sealing and bonding of joints.
• Applications where resistance to chemical spillage is required (garage forecourts etc)
• Use on overhead applications – Always use in conjunction with mechanical fixings.
• Use in conjunction with mechanical fixings for glass block fitting or large mirrors (>0.5m2 total area)
• For heavy items, provide temporary support until adhesive has dried.
• In areas of high temperature / UV; some darkening/discolouration may occur. This does not affect the performance of the sealant
• Do not seal mirror edges/plastic sheeting until adhesive has cured.
• Overpaintability: check compatibility with specific paint first before over painting large areas.
• Do not use on surfaces that bleed oils or plasticizers
• It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt, please contact Technical Services Department for advice.
• Not for use as part of a structural glazing system.
• Not for use in aquarium manufacture. Use AQUA MATE
• Not for use in conjunction with bitumen, or asphalt. Use WEATHER MATE
* Do not use in conjunction with undiluted bleach, this can cause can discoloration of product.
* Not suitable for use in or around chlorinated water
* Yellowing can occur in the dark
All surfaces must be clean and dust free. Surfaces may be damp, but have no standing water.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Fix nozzle, cut aperture to required width and apply with a standard sealant gun.
As a nail replacement (panel) adhesive.
• Surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and free from dust, grease, loose material etc.
• Prime dusty surfaces with EVERBUILD PVA BOND diluted 1:4 with water and allow to dry.
• Apply using a standard sealant gun, cut tip of cartridge, apply nozzle and cut an opening to suite the required bead size.
• For bonding heavy items (Plasterboard/worktops/wall panels etc) apply adhesive all the way around the edge of the item (30-50mm from edge) and cover back with beads of adhesive at 300mm intervals. Alternatively, apply adhesive direct to battens and press into place. NOTE.
• With heavy items, always provide temporary support until the adhesive dries.
• For bonding lightweight items (covings, dado rails, skirting etc) apply adhesive to back of item in one or two continuous beads and press immediately into place.
• Where gap filling is required, mark the areas where there is a large gap and apply a thicker bead to these areas.
• In all cases, clean up excess adhesive immediately with a cloth/white spirits.
Apply 6mm diameter beads of sealant direct to back of mirror in vertical strips, spaced at 30-40mm centers. Immediately place mirror in position and secure with good, even pressure with a slight twist action. Provide temporary support (tape) until adhesive has dried (24-48 hours). If required, CLEAR FIX may also be used to seal around mirror 24 hours after fixing (to allow for cure)
Uncured material can be removed by wiping with a dampened cloth with white spirit. Cured material can be carefully removed by mechanical means. Full cure must be allowed before over painting.
Quantity - 12
Skinning Time 15-30 mins
Cure Time 2-3mm per 24 hours in depth
Hardness Shore A 40-50
Elongation @ Break >100% (ISO8339)
Application Temperature +5 to +40°C
Service Temperature -40 to +150°C
Staining Of Substrate Nil
Resistance To Slump Excellent
Overpaintability Overpaintable with some acrylic paints – care with alkyds
Specific Gravity 1.02-1.05
Cleaning Uncured product: white spirits
Cured product: silicone eater
Max Joint Width 25mm
Min Joint Width (in sealing applications as a movement joint) 5mm
Coverage Approximately 11 linear meters per cartridge
World Class Assurance
In an ever more complex world we understand that product accreditations, certification and test are increasingly important, particularly in the construction sector.
From an ISO 9001 quality system accredited by the British Standards Institute to CE approved products, comprehensive fire, acoustic and thermal tests through to the environmental standard ISO 14001, you have the assurance of dealing with a company that is setting industry leading standards in product testing and compliances.
Buyaparcel offer delivery throughout the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and other Islands of the UK. In addition we can now also deliver through Europe.
UK Delivery Prices
£2.95 - Royal Mail Second Class (2-5 Days Approx - selected products only)
£3.95 - Standard UK Delivery (2-3 Days Approx)
£5.95 - Next Day UK Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Monday - Friday)
£12.00 - Saturday Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Friday)
£36.00 - Pallet Delivery (2-3 Days Approx - selected products only)
International Delivery Prices
In addition we now deliver through Europe on a 48 Hour Delivery Service as Standard
Zone 1 – £9.99
Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, France, Netherlands, Rep Ireland.
Zone 2- £14.99
Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic, Poland, Lithuania, Hungary.
Zone 3 – £19.99
Estonia, Spain, Sweden, Italy, Portugal, Latvia.
Zone 4 – £29.99
Bulgaria, Finland, Romania.
Zone 5 – £49.99
Bosnia, Croatia, Switzerland.
Zone 6 – £59.99
Norway, Serbia, Iceland.
Choose a Delivery Date to Suit You
You also now have the facility to choose a day you wish to have your order delivered on if your order is being delivered via courier or pallet. This can be done at the checkout stage where you will be shown a calendar if you select the book in option. You will have the option of booking in your delivery for a day that is convenient for you. Should you require the order the following day please select the next day option.
Is My Item Available for Next Day Delivery?
If your item is stocked in our immediate picking location it will available for you to choose a next day delivery. This will be highlighted by a green tick and a 1 day dispatch time on the item information.
You will have the option to choose this service if you are purchasing your item for delivery to mainland UK.
What courier will my item be delivered with?
If your item is being delivered in the UK or Ireland, it will be delivered by UK Mail or Royal Mail, with the exception of pallet items. The courier type is displayed on each item but will be confirmed at the checkout stage when you have completed your shopping.
If you are an international customer, your goods will initially be sent via UK Mail, and then exported to either Eurodis or DHL. The appropriate tracking can be provided when necessary.
Details of each courier service we offer are detailed in our Delivery Guide.
How do I track my delivery?
To track your order online, go to 'Your Account' and click on 'Purchase History' for an update on your order.
Our team work extremely hard to get your parcels to your door in the shortest possible time but please note that we recommend you do not book a plumber etc until you have received and checked your goods.
- Delivery addresses cannot be changed once the order is placed except in the case of an error, which we will do our best to change, but orders are often shipped quickly after being processed.
- The couriers we use do not deliver to PO boxes or building sites.
Returns at Buyaparcel
We've simplified our returns process! We now offer a no-questions-asked, free returns service within the first 30 days (subject to T&Cs).
You can find our returns information in our Terms and Help page.