Small ProductMore Information
EVERFLEX AQUA MATE is a high modulus, reactive curing silicone sealant specifically formulated for aquarium manufacture. It remains permanently flexible, forming a watertight seal. Conforms fully to ISO11600 " G Class 20 LM
• Free from fungicide and solvent - will not harm fish.
• Fast cure - gives quick early strengths.
• Extremely low dirt pick up.
• Waterproof seal - will withstand continuous water immersion.
Areas For Use
• All sealing applications in aquaria.
• Sealing of pond liners and all supply/drainage piping.
• On highly porous surfaces such as new concrete, priming is advised.
• Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvent or plasticisers.
• As pond liner materials vary in quality, always test a small area first for adhesion.
• Always wash out ponds and aquaria after use to remove residual acetic acid. Test pH before use.
• Allow sealant to fully cure before moving/filling with water.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints, should be removed before application. All glass must be cleaned prior to use.
The surfaces to be must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. Priming is generally not required.
Glass must be toughened or laminated. Do not use tempered glass (shattering risk). The following guide is useful in choosing the required glass thickness.
AQUARIUM LENGTH (M) WATER HEIGHT (M) REQ GL. THICKNESS (MM)
0.6 0.3 8
1.0 0.4 8
1.0 0.5 10
1.5 0.5 12
1.5 0.6 15
NOTE: Edges of glass must be filed to avoid risk of injury in handling.
It is also important to note that the aquarium must be placed on a level surface so that hydrostatic pressure is evenly spread.
The joint must consist of two parts:
1. Sealing joint: the depth of which must be identical to the width of glass used.
2. Structural seal: a triangular shaped joint applied to the interior edges of the glass. The required dimensions of this joint can be calculated from the following equation:
E = ____6 x H2 x L _
100 x T x 2 (H + L)
where E is required thickness of structural seal in mm
H = height of aquarium, in cm
L = Length of aquarium in cm
T = Tensile strength of sealant (kg/cm2) which for AQUA MATE is 10.
A/ Sealing Joint: must be 1-2 mm in thickness
E B/ Structural Joint
All glass etc should be thoroughly cleaned and degreased and apply the following method:
• Put base on flat surface.
• Apply bead of approximately 3mm diameter on the 2 large panels, placing it about 3mm from the edge.
• Place back panel. Press down to reduce joint thickness to 1-2mm.
• Hold in position (eg rest against back wall).
• Apply beads of sealant to edge of small panel and corresponding large panel.
• Push edges of large and small panel together.
• Hold in place (temp) with adhesive tape.
• Repeat for second small panel.
• Fit front panel on last.
• Apply structural joint of required thickness to all internal faces and finish with dowel to push home sealant.
• Allow to cure for 24 hours before moving.
• Allow to fully cure and rinse out thoroughly before use.
NOTE: THE METHOD DETAILED ABOVE IS SUITABLE FOR AQUARIA UPTO 400LTRS (85 GALLON) IN CAPACITY.
THE INFORMATION GIVEN IN THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR GUIDANCE ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A GUARANTEE ON OUR PART. ALWAYS MAKE UP AND TEST ASSEMBLIES FOR EACH SPECIFIC CASE.
Movement Accommodation + or -20%
Skinning Time 5 mins @ 20°C
Cure Time 3mm per 24 hours
Hardness Shore A 22
Service Temperature Resistance -40°C to + 180°C
Application Temperature +5°C to + 30°C
Tensile Strength 1.0 Mpa (10kg/m 2)
Stress 0.3 MPa
Specific Gravity 1.03
Cleaning Uncured sealant white spirit, Cured sealant: EVERFLEX SILICONE EATER
Coverage 10 linear metres @ 9 x 9mm fillet joint
Elongation At Break 500%
World Class Assurance
In an ever more complex world we understand that product accreditations, certification and test are increasingly important, particularly in the construction sector.
From an ISO 9001 quality system accredited by the British Standards Institute to CE approved products, comprehensive fire, acoustic and thermal tests through to the environmental standard ISO 14001, you have the assurance of dealing with a company that is setting industry leading standards in product testing and compliances.
Buyaparcel offer delivery throughout the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and other Islands of the UK. In addition we can now also deliver through Europe.
UK Delivery Prices
£2.95 - Royal Mail Second Class (2-5 Days Approx - selected products only)
£3.95 - Standard UK Delivery (2-3 Days Approx)
£5.95 - Next Day UK Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Monday - Friday)
£12.00 - Saturday Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Friday)
£36.00 - Pallet Delivery (2-3 Days Approx - selected products only)
International Delivery Prices
In addition we now deliver through Europe on a 48 Hour Delivery Service as Standard
Zone 1 – £9.99
Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, France, Netherlands, Rep Ireland.
Zone 2- £14.99
Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic, Poland, Lithuania, Hungary.
Zone 3 – £19.99
Estonia, Spain, Sweden, Italy, Portugal, Latvia.
Zone 4 – £29.99
Bulgaria, Finland, Romania.
Zone 5 – £49.99
Bosnia, Croatia, Switzerland.
Zone 6 – £59.99
Norway, Serbia, Iceland.
Choose a Delivery Date to Suit You
You also now have the facility to choose a day you wish to have your order delivered on if your order is being delivered via courier or pallet. This can be done at the checkout stage where you will be shown a calendar if you select the book in option. You will have the option of booking in your delivery for a day that is convenient for you. Should you require the order the following day please select the next day option.
Is My Item Available for Next Day Delivery?
If your item is stocked in our immediate picking location it will available for you to choose a next day delivery. This will be highlighted by a green tick and a 1 day dispatch time on the item information.
You will have the option to choose this service if you are purchasing your item for delivery to mainland UK.
What courier will my item be delivered with?
If your item is being delivered in the UK or Ireland, it will be delivered by UK Mail or Royal Mail, with the exception of pallet items. The courier type is displayed on each item but will be confirmed at the checkout stage when you have completed your shopping.
If you are an international customer, your goods will initially be sent via UK Mail, and then exported to either Eurodis or DHL. The appropriate tracking can be provided when necessary.
Details of each courier service we offer are detailed in our Delivery Guide.
How do I track my delivery?
To track your order online, go to 'Your Account' and click on 'Purchase History' for an update on your order.
Our team work extremely hard to get your parcels to your door in the shortest possible time but please note that we recommend you do not book a plumber etc until you have received and checked your goods.
- Delivery addresses cannot be changed once the order is placed except in the case of an error, which we will do our best to change, but orders are often shipped quickly after being processed.
- The couriers we use do not deliver to PO boxes or building sites.
Returns at Buyaparcel
We've simplified our returns process! We now offer a no-questions-asked, free returns service within the first 30 days (subject to T&Cs).
You can find our returns information in our Terms and Help page.