Small ProductMore Information
145 Butyl Sealant is a traditional permanently plastic one component sealant based on Polybutene that provides an effective weatherproof seal in a variety of exterior and interior applications. 145 Butyl Sealant forms a skin in approximately 24hrs but remains permanently plastic underneath. The sealant accommodates joint movement of +/- 5%, is over paintable and exhibits good UV and chemical resistance.
• Adheres to most common building surfaces.
• Semi drying – forms a surface skin but remains permanently elastic beneath.
• High solids formulation - excellent gap filling properties without shrinkage.
• Good external weathering properties.
Areas For Use
• Single glazing of metal, concrete and wooden frames.
• Sealing metal roof panels.
• Pointing around soft and hardwood timber, metal and concrete/stone window and door frames.
• Sealing metal panels in car bodies and containers.
• Sealing pre-cast concrete panels.
• Sealing timber sections to brick, stone and concrete; ideal for rooflines applications.
• Sealing gaps and cracks in brickwork and stone.
• Do not use in conjunction with bitumen or asphalt – use WEATHER MATE sealant.
• Do not use on plastic, PVCu windows, polycarbonate or acrylic sheet.
• The sealant will skin in 24-48 hrs but will remain plastic underneath. For this reason, it should not be used in areas where it will be subjected to interference or damage (e.g. floor joints). In these cases, use Polyurethane 40 Sealant.
• Do not use in applications where joint movement will exceed +/- 5%.
• It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt, please contact Technical Services department for advice.
All surfaces to be sealed must be sound, dry and clean. The depth of the joint should be approximately 50% of the width. Reduce joint depth with Fix & Fill Expanding Foam or Backer Rod.
Cut the tip of the cartridge, taking care not to damage the thread.
Apply nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45 degrees with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed.
Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the gun trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface to be sealed.
To ensure a proper bond, always smooth down sealant using a spatula or piece of wood wetted with soap and water solution.
Tool down within 1 hour of application.
Colour - Grey
Quantity - 6
Form Thixotropic paste (ready to use)
Application Temp 5oC to 35oC
Coverage Approx 11 linear meters per cartridge using a 6mm bead
Cure Skins within 24hrs remains elastic underneath.
Specific Gravity 1.5-1.6 approx
Cleaner White spirits.
Movement Accom +/- 5%
Overpaintability Most decorative paints. Compatibility test is always recommended.
World Class Assurance
In an ever more complex world we understand that product accreditations, certification and test are increasingly important, particularly in the construction sector.
From an ISO 9001 quality system accredited by the British Standards Institute to CE approved products, comprehensive fire, acoustic and thermal tests through to the environmental standard ISO 14001, you have the assurance of dealing with a company that is setting industry leading standards in product testing and compliances.
Buyaparcel offer delivery throughout the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and other Islands of the UK. In addition we can now also deliver through Europe.
UK Delivery Prices
£2.95 - Royal Mail Second Class (2-5 Days Approx - selected products only)
£3.95 - Standard UK Delivery (2-3 Days Approx)
£5.95 - Next Day UK Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Monday - Friday)
£12.00 - Saturday Delivery (Orders placed before 4pm Friday)
£36.00 - Pallet Delivery (2-3 Days Approx - selected products only)
International Delivery Prices
In addition we now deliver through Europe on a 48 Hour Delivery Service as Standard
Zone 1 – £9.99
Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, France, Netherlands, Rep Ireland.
Zone 2- £14.99
Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic, Poland, Lithuania, Hungary.
Zone 3 – £19.99
Estonia, Spain, Sweden, Italy, Portugal, Latvia.
Zone 4 – £29.99
Bulgaria, Finland, Romania.
Zone 5 – £49.99
Bosnia, Croatia, Switzerland.
Zone 6 – £59.99
Norway, Serbia, Iceland.
Choose a Delivery Date to Suit You
You also now have the facility to choose a day you wish to have your order delivered on if your order is being delivered via courier or pallet. This can be done at the checkout stage where you will be shown a calendar if you select the book in option. You will have the option of booking in your delivery for a day that is convenient for you. Should you require the order the following day please select the next day option.
Is My Item Available for Next Day Delivery?
If your item is stocked in our immediate picking location it will available for you to choose a next day delivery. This will be highlighted by a green tick and a 1 day dispatch time on the item information.
You will have the option to choose this service if you are purchasing your item for delivery to mainland UK.
What courier will my item be delivered with?
If your item is being delivered in the UK or Ireland, it will be delivered by UK Mail or Royal Mail, with the exception of pallet items. The courier type is displayed on each item but will be confirmed at the checkout stage when you have completed your shopping.
If you are an international customer, your goods will initially be sent via UK Mail, and then exported to either Eurodis or DHL. The appropriate tracking can be provided when necessary.
Details of each courier service we offer are detailed in our Delivery Guide.
How do I track my delivery?
To track your order online, go to 'Your Account' and click on 'Purchase History' for an update on your order.
Our team work extremely hard to get your parcels to your door in the shortest possible time but please note that we recommend you do not book a plumber etc until you have received and checked your goods.
- Delivery addresses cannot be changed once the order is placed except in the case of an error, which we will do our best to change, but orders are often shipped quickly after being processed.
- The couriers we use do not deliver to PO boxes or building sites.
Returns at Buyaparcel
We've simplified our returns process! We now offer a no-questions-asked, free returns service within the first 30 days (subject to T&Cs).
You can find our returns information in our Terms and Help page.